Best Med Spa and Skin Care Clinic
Microneedling – Treatment Protocol
- No sunscreen OR makeup for 12 hours following treatment.
- Wash the face a few hours after treatment or before bedtime – Use a gentle cleanser.
- Gently massage the face with tepid water (a shower can provide an easier ability to massage the face while washing at the same time) and remove all serum and dried blood.
- 12-72 hours post-treatment mineral makeup can be applied but continue to use a gentle cleanser, hyaluronic acid serum, and physical sunblock with an SPF of 25 or higher. If a more aggressive treatment was performed, they should also be instructed to use a more occlusive balm such as Aquaphor.
- After 48 to 72 hours following treatment, the client can return to a regular skincare regimen.
- Retinol products are strongly suggested to use for optimal results.
- Avoid alcohol-based toners for 10-14 days as well as excessive sun exposure for 10 days.