Hollywood Laser Peel - Treatment Protocol
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for approximately 1-2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Wear a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to protect your skin. If you are spray-tanned, please exfoliate to help remove the tanning product in the treatment area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, be sure that we are notified in advance of scheduling your treatment.
- Stop applying any “irritating” skin products at least a day prior to treatment. This includes AHAs (i.e. glycolic or lactic acid), BHAs (salicylic acid), retinoids (i.e. adapalene, retinol, retin-A, etc)
- Arrive on time for your Hollywood laser peel treatment with clean skin.
- Female patients should not wear any makeup/mascara, lotions, powders, or perfumes on or around the areas being treated.
- Male patients can shave the morning of their treatment day but should not apply lotions or aftershave on or around the areas being treated.
- Avoid unnecessary sun exposure
- Wear sunscreen SPF 30 or greater
- Avoid hot water, swimming and hot tubs
- Makeup can be applied in just a matter of few hours after the treatment
- If you’ve a history of cold sores please see your family physician. Your doctor will prescribe an oral anti-viral medication (i.e. valacyclovir) prior to your treatment.
- In some rare instances itching, flaking and rashes might develop, which usually resolves in a few days