Pre-Post Care Protocol for Carbon Laser Peel
The Carbon Laser Peel is a non-invasive treatment that is used on a wide range of skin types. Once the carbon solution is on your skin, a mild laser is used to heat it up so that the carbon can penetrate deeper into your skin.Maintaining a regular skin care regimen is the best way to preserve the benefits of a carbon peel laser treatment. For this reason, we encourage you to practice good skincare routines. However, the most important thing is to follow these few recommendations that are to help you maintain your desired results:
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for approximately 1-2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Wear a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to protect your skin. If you are spray-tanned, please exfoliate to help remove the tanning product in the treatment area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, be sure that we are notified in advance of scheduling
- Stop applying any “irritating” skin products at least a day prior to treatment. This includes AHAs (i.e. glycolic or lactic acid), BHAs (salicylic acid), retinoids (i.e. adapalene, retinol, Retin-A, etc)
- Arrive on time for your Hollywood laser peel treatment with clean skin.
- Female patients should not wear any makeup/mascara, lotions, powders, or perfumes on or around the areas being treated.
- Male patients can shave the morning of their treatment day but should not apply lotions or aftershave on or around the areas being treated.
- If you have a history of cold sores please see your family physician. Your doctor will prescribe an oral antiviral medication (i.e. valacyclovir) prior to your treatment.
- In some rare instances itching, flaking, and rashes might develop, which usually resolves in a few days.
To book your consultation or a session of Hollywood Laser Peel, click on the link below.